Monday 22 July 2013

My New Camera...HX50

So I bought myself a new camera for my upcoming vacation to Orlando, which Claire and I cannot wait for, and seen as I haven't blogged much lately it seemed the perfect opportunity.
I had been eying up the £350 Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50 for the past month or so, and when I found it online for only £259, I had no restraint and splashed out.


The main feature that attracted me to this compact camera.... An amazing 30x Optical Zoom! On top of that the camera also has Clear Image Zoom up to 60x and Digital Zoom to a further 120x. I try to keep to Optical Zoom to keep the highest quality but the Clear Image Zoom is surprisingly great at snapping high quality photos when pushing past the Optical zoom. Here's some shots of the moon as an example of the quality from zoomed shots.

Moon at 30x Optical Zoom

Moon at 60x Clear Image Zoom

This 20.4 mega pixel camera also has more to offer besides its brilliant zoom capabilities. The Intelligent Auto and Superior Auto modes are great for those quick shots, and the Scene selections are great dealing with more specific shots like night time, fireworks, landscapes and even 3D. But what makes it a handy alternative to SLR cameras, this compact allows you to take more control over your snaps with its Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority and Manual Mode. I'm only just learning about exposure settings, but I'll be sure to blog more pics when I get going with it.

The camera also boasts some useful built in image effects like Toy camera, Pop colour, and my favourite Partial colour.

Partial colour - Yellow.

There are also effects that can be added after the photos have been taken, Watercolour and Illustration effects. When used on the right pictures, these give an amazing artistic effect.

Original Photo of Toffee snoozing

Photo after adding Watercolour Effect

The HX50 has all these amazing features and so much more. I really do recommend this as a must buy for anyone looking for a great all round camera with high zoom capabilities, plenty of features and even a handy, more portable alternate to an SLR.

Any Questions/opinions, let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment